Here are the 23 counties designated by license plate number with my picks and some suggestions from others.
Where in Wyoming have you eaten a pretty good ‘out of the way’ burger – that burger tucked away in a hole in the wall? (No national chains, please!)
1. Natrona County – Wonderbar in Casper. The place has changed hands. Is the food still the same, worse, better?
2. Laramie County – Two Doors Down all in Cheyenne. I originally had down the Plains Hotel, but that place has been going through some transitions lately.
3. Sheridan County – Wagon Box Inn in Storey; Rib and Chop House Sheridan – 1/2 pounder and try the squash casserole
4. Sweetwater County –
5. Albany County – Altitudes in Laramie
6. Carbon County – The Virginian – The Bronc Stomper, open face burger topped with red or green chili – the fries are hand-cut. The Mangy Moose (not to be confused with the Teton County Mangy Moose).
7. Niobrara County –
8. Platte County – Howard’s in Glendo, recommended by Matt and Pete Mead
9. Big Horn County – The Hyattville Cafe – 1/2 pound mushroom – swiss
10. Fremont County – Gannett Grill in Lander; Red Willow in the Wind River Casino – Mushroom Swiss Burger at Casino prices!
13. Converse County – The Koop in Douglas; The mushroom swiss burger at the Depot – add salad and soup
15. Hot Springs County – Butch’s in Kirby (closed on Sunday and Monday)
16. Johnson County – Dash Inn – The Bacon Cheeseburger with potato wedges and gravy in Buffalo
17. Campbell County –
18. Crook County –
19. Uinta County – Mountain View Drive Inn; Goin’ South in Lyman
20. Washakie County –
21. Park County – Silver Dollar in Cody. I still like the Irma, but they allow smoking in the bar and the second hand smoke permeates the restaurant.
22. Teton County –
23. Sublette County – Stockgrowers in Pinedale; GRB – Daniel
This is a good start – what are your choices – if you have alternates to the ones listed, let us hear about them.